The Stettler Wildcats were honoured for their achievements this season at William E. Hay Composite High School’s annual football banquet on Nov. 25.
About 80 people, including players, parents, and coaches, attended the banquet, held in the school cafeteria.
Head coach Norbert Baharally said that many of the parents contributed to helping the event run smoothly, by decorating the room or by providing salads and desserts.
“We have a lot of parent volunteers that help,” he explained.
The evening included a slideshow and DVD presentation looking back on the past season, which saw the Wildcats finish in third place.
Framed action photos, taken at games throughout the season, were presented to each of the players, as were team portraits and scrapbooks that compiled pictures and news clippings from the past several months.
Following is a list of the Wildcats award recipients:
• Most Valuable Player: Mike Loblaw.
• Best Back: Kyle Lawrence.
• Rookie of the Year: Teron Garbutt and Jordan Lane.
• Most Improved Player: Terry Burks and Hunter Berger.
• Captain’s Award: Adam Standage.
• Most Versatile Player: Kyle Lawrence.
• Best Lineman: Brycen Bainbridge.
• Player Contributing the Most with the Least Recognition: Thomas Cassidy and Alex LeBlanc.
• Most Dedicated Offensive Player: Garrett Burns.
• Most Dedicated Defensive Player: Tyler Matchett and Russel Steen.
• CAHSFL Rural Conference Awards — Most valuable defensive player: Mike Loblaw; rookie of the year: Jordan Lane; special teams player of the year: Kyle Lawrence.
• CAHSFL All-Star Awards — Mike Loblaw, Brycen Bainbridge, Kyle Lawrence, Clayton Page, Teron Garbutt, Austin Rosland, Jordan Lane, Thomas Cassidy, Jeremy Kirk.
• Special Awards (Wildcat Pride) — Keegan St. Denis, Anthony Vargas, Jens Lohmann, Will McDonald.