Two-vehicle crash sends motorcyclist to hospital

Last Saturday, Stettler Regional Fire Department Station 1 responded to a two-vehicle collision at about 9:30 p.m.

Last Saturday, Stettler Regional Fire Department Station 1 responded to a two-vehicle collision at about 9:30 p.m.

Fire crews were called to a car-motorcycle collision in front of FasGas along Highway 12 in Stettler.

Traffic was reduced to a single lane while the debris was cleared off the roadway. The lone male occupant of the motorcycle was taken by ground ambulance to Red Deer Hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.

The investigation was handed to Stettler RCMP and there wasn’t an immediate word on the cause of the accident.

 

Last Thursday, station 1 and 2 responded to a structure fire.

The call came at about 11 a.m., as crews arrived at a Big Valley residence to discover the home filled with smoke and the smoke detector going off.

Station 2 firefighters entered the structure and doused a fire in the kitchen that was caused by a pot left burning on the stove.

The house suffered damage to the kitchen, but the smoke damage was reduced because of the fire crews’ ventilation work.

No injuries were reported.

 

At 2 a.m. last Friday, Station 1 assisted Stettler EMS with transporting a patient to the ambulance.

 

At about 11:30 p.m. last Friday, Station 1 responded to an alarm call.

On arrival at the 56A Street residence, fire crews discovered a plastic lid had been left on a hot element on the stove and had caused the smoke detector to go off.

There wasn’t any damage to the structure and no injuries were reported.