Stettler Regional Fire Rescue responded to a structure fire seven miles west of Fenn, on the Fritz Hill Road in the evening on Monday, Dec. 28.
The fire was started in the chimney chase that was used for ventilating a wood burning stove. The chimney fire spread to the attached garage.
The Big Valley and Stettler Fire Rescue crews responded quickly to the fire and were able to save the house structure and most of the garage. There were no injuries to report.
Stettler Regional Fire Rescue would like to remind citizens to check their chimneys for debris and blockages before enjoying the warmth of a fire inside their homes. Please, have a safe and warm end to 2009.