On Dec. 8th, the Government of Alberta, under a State of Public Health Emergency, declared additional restrictions and measures in order to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
– masks will be mandatory in all public spaces throughout the Province.
– indoor and outdoor social close contact will be limited to those in the same household; while people who live alone may still have up to two non-household close contacts. Effective at midnight on Sunday, Dec. 13th, the following facilities must temporarily close –
● recreational facilities such as fitness centres, recreation centres, pools, spas, gyms, studios, camps, bowling alleys, theatres, indoor rinks and arenas.
● libraries, science centres, interpretive centres, museums, galleries, amusement parks and water parks.
● businesses offering personal and wellness services such as hair salons, nail salons, tattoo parlours and massage businesses.
● restaurants, pubs, bars, lounges and cafes will be restricted to in-person service. Only takeout, curbside pickup and delivery services will be permitted.
Additional restrictions effective as of midnight on Dec. 13th include:
– Funerals and wedding ceremonies will be limited to 10 people.
– Retail businesses will be allowed to remain open but must reduce capacity to 15 per cent of the occupancy allowed under the fire code. Places of worship will face the same restriction.
For additional details and clarification regarding these measures, please visit www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans
SREMA will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely in our region and execute all provincial and federal mandates as they are issued.
For updates and information check out www.stettlercounty.ca or www.stettler.net.