The following matters were heard before Judge W. A. Skinner in Stettler provincial court Aug. 23.
• Jesse James Leckner was sentenced to 45 days in jail for failing to comply with conditions of being at an approved residence during his court-imposed curfew. The court heard that Stettler RCMP did a check at 12:15 a.m. but Leckner wasn’t home.
• Kelly Thomas O’Brien appeared via CCTV from Fort Saskatchewan Remand Centre. Court heard that his bail was denied. A two-and-half-hour trial is set for Sept. 25. O’Brien is charged with break and enter (not a dwelling), two counts of theft under $5,000 and one count of breach of conditions.
• Matthew G. Bogner is charged with five counts of possession for the purpose of trafficking. Crown is proceeding by way of indictable offence. He is set to reappear Sept. 27 to elect how he wants to be tried.
• Terry Allan Kennedy was fined $400 for trying to cash two stolen cheques at a Stettler financial institution. The total amount of the two cheques was about $300.
Duty counsel Mark Daoust told the court that Kennedy previously suffered a head injury in a vehicle rollover, is unemployable, lives on $603 a month and is trying to get AISH. Daoust said Kennedy was cooperative with the police and didn’t receive any money.
• Trevor St. Elmo Reid was ordered to appear in Stettler provincial court Sept. 13. He is charged with two counts of breaching conditions, failing to comply with conditions, driving without insurance, driving an unregistered vehicle and failing to hold a valid driver’s license.Judge W. A. Skinner said two of the charges are indictable offences.
• Ronald Glen Weins pleaded guilty to two counts of breaching his probation.
Crown prosecutor Blair Brandon told the court that on July 10 police were called to a home in Bashaw after complaints about a fistfight. Brandon said Weins and the individual he was fighting with were both intoxicated. Weins, however, was bound by a probation order to keep the peace and not consume alcohol.
Weins will be sentenced on Oct. 25. Judge W. A. Skinner ordered a pre-sentence report.
• A trial is set for Thomas Mervin Graham on Sept. 25. He is charged with unlawful harassment, two counts of failing to comply with conditions, two counts of breach of conditions and possession of housebreaking instruments. Crown prosecutor Blair Brandon told the court he is proceeding by way of indictable offence on the charge of possession of housebreaking instruments and unlawfully harass someone.
Graham told the court he is waiting to get a legal aid lawyer.
• Justin James Schilling reappears Sept. 27 to enter a plea on charges of possession of stolen property, three counts of breach of probation, fail to comply with a probation order and two counts of failing to attend court.
• Angela Dawn Ovelson was given a suspended sentence and 18 months probation after she pleaded guilty to unlawful harassment. Charges of threats to cause death and failing to attend court were withdrawn.
• Allan Bruce Prince reappears in court Sept. 27. He is charged with three counts of failing to comply with conditions.
• Russell Simpson, charged with failing to comply with conditions, was ordered to enter a plea at his next court appearance on Nov. 27.
• Shawn Joseph Walsh, charged with uttering threats to cause bodily harm, mischief and two counts of breach of probation, reappears Sept. 27 to enter a plea.
• Greg Alan Walstrom reappears Sept. 14 to enter a plea on two charges of threats to cause death and failing to comply with an undertaking.
• Defence Daniel Wilson entered a guilty plea for Brody Anthony Pethick to assault. Wilson told the court he anticipates the other two charges, failing to comply with an undertaking and failing to attend identification, will be dropped.
Judge. W. A. Skinner ordered a pre-sentence report. Pethick will be sentenced on Oct. 25.
• Morley Savage reappears Sept. 13 to confirm a trial date of Sept. 25 on three charges of uttering threats to cause bodily harm and breach of probation.
Arrest warrants were issued for: Terra I. Rediron, Dennis W. Jamieson and A. Eagletailfeathers.