Editor’s note: this story was updated to include the disposition of charges against Bogner and Read.
After working its way through the courts, Matthew Bogner’s case ultimately had four of the five charges he faced withdrawn.
The sole charge he faced was possession, for which he was sentenced to a $1,000 fine in the August of 2018.
Randy Read, who was arrested with Bogner, failed to appear for his initial court date in 2018 and currently has a Canada-wide arrest warrant out stemming from these charges.
Original Story continues
The following matters were heard in Stettler provincial court before Judge W.A. Skinner on Oct. 25:
• Kevin Dale Barr appeared via CCTV from Fort Saskatchewan Remand Centre to answer to two charges of fraud over $5,000, forgery, use of forged document and failing to appear in court.
Barr was given six months in jail to be served consecutively with his current prison term for charges out of Ponoka.
• Gordon Adalord Masse appeared via CCTV from Red Deer Remand Centre. He is charged with impaired driving, refusing a breathalyzer, driving while disqualified, dangerous driving, two counts of breach of conditions, three counts of threatening to cause harm, mischief of property, three counts of uttering threats to cause bodily harm and assault.
His charges were adjourned to Coronation provincial court for Nov. 9 and Stettler provincial court for Nov. 8.
• Curtis Jerome Bunz reappears Nov. 8 on charges of dangerous driving, two counts of failing to stop for police, impaired driving, driving while blood alcohol exceeded .08, driving an unregistered vehicle, driving without insurance, displaying an unauthorized license and careless driving.
• Malonie Grimard is to reappear in Stettler provincial court Nov. 22 on charges of disobeying a court order.
• Michael Allan Richter reappears Nov. 8 to enter a plea and elect how he wants to be tried. He is charged with three counts of break and enter, kill/maim/wound an animal, two counts of theft of a vehicle, theft over $5,000, mischief to property, dangerous driving, evading police, unauthorized possession of a firearm, possession of a firearm two counts of possession of a prohibited weapon, give counts of possession of stolen property, three counts of breach of probation, three counts of driving a vehicle without insurance and driving an unregistered vehicle.
• Greg Allan Walstrom reappears Nov. 8 to a charge of assault.
• Crystal Robberstad reappears Nov. 22 on charges of unlawfully in a dwelling and threats to cause death.
• Thomas Graham pleaded not guilty to charges of break and enter (not a dwelling), three counts of failing to comply with an undertaking, two counts of breach of conditions and mischief. Graham elected to be tried by provincial court judge.
A 90-minute trial is set for Jan. 10 at 1:30 p.m.
• Jordan B. Schilling is set to reappear in Stettler provincial court Nov. 22 for disobeying a court order, failing to attend court, failing to comply with conditions and possession for the purpose of trafficking. Crown is proceeding by indictable offence on the trafficking charge.
• Matthew G. Bogner reappears Nov. 22. He is charged with five counts of possession for the purpose of trafficking. Crown is proceeding by indictable offence on all the charges.
• Shawn Joseph Walsh reappears Nov. 14 on charges of uttering threats.
• Douglas Wayne Slemp reappears Nov. 8. He is charged with assault, possession of a controlled substance, 10 counts of failing to comply with an undertaking, possession of stolen property, shoplifting, threats to cause death and two counts of breach of conditions.