Last Thursday, Stettler Regional Fire Department Station 1 was called to a hazmat south of Stettler on Highway 56.
At 8:10 a.m., a pipe pumping liquid manure along the road broke, causing the waste to spray on the highway. Alberta Transportation was notified.
At 10:38 p.m. Sunday, Station 1 was dispatched to a townhouse on fire along 47 Avenue in Stettler. On arrival, smoke was coming out of the top floor and ground floor windows.
The fire was found to be in the living room area of the house, where a couch and coffee table were on fire.
The house suffered major smoke damage, but thanks to the quick action of the neighbours calling 911, fire damage was reduced to just the living room.
Smoking material is believed to be the cause of the fire.
No injuries were reported.