The Stettler Regional Emergency Management Agency will continue to support the community and region through the SREMA Hotline at 403-742-7300 which is active between 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
Beginning Monday, March 23rd, the SREMA Hotline will operate between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
“Thank you for your actions and vigilance towards maintaining self-isolation in our region,” notes a release. “’We wish to remind citizens that all travellers returning from outside of Canada must self isolate for 14 days and monitor their symptoms. If you develop symptoms including cough, fever, fatigue or difficulty breathing:
– stay home – do not go to the ER or clinic
– take the COVID-19 self assessment test
– call Health Link 811 for tesing and instructions
In addition, new measures have been announced to protect seniors in senior care facilites:
– visitors to any continuing care or long-term care facility in Alberta are limited to a single individual designated by the resident or guardian.
– each essential visitor must be verified and undergo a health screening prior to entering the facility. This may include a temperature check or a questionnaire.
– facilities must have security staff or a greeter to conduct this screening and verify the visitor is designated.
– exceptions to these essential visitor rules will be made for family members to visit a person who is dying, so long as only one visitor enters the facility at a time.
“For those needing to access Employment Insurance or other government programs, Shaw Go Wifi and Telus Wifi are offering free WiFi. Download the apps on your device and connect to a hotspot near you. If you are seeking to access a computer to access Employment Insurance or other government programs, contact our Hotline at 403-742-7300.
“We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 (coronavirus) situation closely in our region and execute all provincial and federal mandates as they are issued. For most current COVID-19 information and updates go to Alberta.ca.”
For more information, visit www.stettlercounty.ca or stettler.net.