Five local companies were among almost 700 Alberta employers who have been recognized by the Government of Alberta and the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Council for having superior health and safety records.
Stettler area companies Contact Safety Service Ltd., Crude Services Inc., Hunt Inspection Ltd., and TKS Controls Ltd. and Maximum Controls Ltd of Tees were recognized as “Best Safety Performer” in Alberta.
“These companies have the right priorities on their work sites,” said Hector Goudreau, Minister of Alberta Employment and Immigration. “Workers should get home safely at the end of every shift to enjoy life and family and everything else our province offers.”
“It is encouraging in today’s current economic state to see such a large number of Alberta employers placing emphasis on integrating safety into their operations to achieve such a success,” said Tim Bennett, who chairs the Occupational Health and Safety Council. “Congratulations.”
Award winners met the criteria of attaining:
• A current Certificate of Recognition (COR) from the Partnerships in Injury Reduction program.
• 60 consecutive person-years worked with no disabling injuries.
• No outstanding compliance orders from Alberta Occupational Health and Safety (OHS)
• No violations of the OHS Act in the last two years
• No work-related fatalities in the last three years; and,
• Not being prosecuted under the OHS Act.
A list of Alberta’s Best Safety Performers, by region, is available online at: www.employment.alberta.ca/whs-bestsafety. The Best Safety Performers Awards complement the priorities of the Work Safe Alberta program, a unique partnership between industry, labour and government. An integral part of the initiative is promoting workplace health.