“I don’t want to be the guy who sends you to jail, but I will,” warned Judge G. Yake to a man he urged to co-operate with officials attempting to complete his pre-sentence report.
Judge Yake told John Alan Andrews, who appeared in Stettler provincial court last Thursday, the report would help determine an appropriate sentence for him when he returns to court Feb. 13 for charges of making harassing phone calls.
Speaking on his own behalf, Andrews said he has tried to go it on his own, but realizes he needs help and vowed he would now co-operate.
• Jeffrey Allan Harpell was remanded in custody and is scheduled to appear in court again Nov. 28 for charges of possession of stolen property, uttering forged documents, public mischief, two counts of failing to appear in court, and two counts of failing to comply with conditions.
• Robert James Fleming is due back in court Nov. 28 facing two counts of intimidation, two counts of unlawful harassment, failure to comply with conditions, and mischief.
• Darby Hugh O’Neill will answer to charges Nov. 28 for break, enter, and theft over $5,000.
• Frederick H. Blanchard pleaded guilty to driving a vehicle without insurance and was fined $2,800.
• Russell P. Simpson will reappear in Stettler provincial court Dec. 12 to answer to charges of theft under $5,000, impaired driving, and driving while over .08.
• David J. Yaroslawsky reserved his plea on charges of impaired driving and driving while .08. He’s slated to reappear in court Nov. 28.
• Ronald William Baker will return to court Dec. 12 to face charges of criminal harassment and assault with a weapon.
• Nathalie Toussaint, charged with fraud, appears in court again Dec. 12.
• Chase Soderburg is scheduled to enter a plea Dec. 12 for unauthorized possession of a weapon.
— Court Report