On Monday, Dec. 31, Stettler Regional Fire Department Station 1 responded to a false alarm. At 7:48 p.m., fire crews received a 911 call of an abandoned house on fire six miles south of Botha, where people were on the scene doing a controlled burn of the structure. No injuries.
On Tuesday, Jan. 1, Station 1 responded to a call to assist Stettler EMS. At 10:50 a.m., fire crews were called to a farm in the County of Stettler to assist EMS in removing a man who was trapped under farm machinery.
On Wednesday, Jan. 2, Station 1 responded to a structure fire south of Stettler along Township Road 384. At 6:58 p.m., fire crews were called to an automotive shop that was fully engulfed with flames. Along with the total loss of the shop, also lost was a picker truck and a pickup truck, which were inside the shop, along with numerous tools. No injuries were reported.
On Friday, Jan. 4, Station 1 answered a carbon-monoxide alarm. At 8:27 a.m., crews responded to the minor hazmat call, which upon arrival was determined to be a false alarm. No injuries were reported.
On Friday, Jan. 4, Station 1 responded to an alarm call. At 4:38 p.m., fire crews were called to a residential structure in town after the alarm company reported a smoke alarm going off. Upon fire-crew arrival, the call was deemed a false alarm.