Why do you want to continue to serve on County council?
There are a few projects we have on the go that are not yet completed and I would like the opportunity to finish them.
· Rehabilitating roads:
· Redoing the ambulance contract: We have two ambulances attend with paramedics when they respond, and our service is managed by the County and contracted to AHS and we provide a very good service to and for our region.
What do you feel you have brought to council specifically, or what are you most proud of?
· Securing an a good source of excellent gravel, a 100-year supply of gravel for the County of Stettler. This is an asset for all our children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
· Paying the new Public Works facility off in three years with proper budgeting and financial responsibly.
If someone were to ask you, ‘Why should I vote for you’, what would you say?
Vote for me because I am the best and strongest representative running in my area. I bring experience and wisdom to the table, and I’m not afraid to make difficult decisions. I represent the Big Valley Ward but when I vote, I vote for what is best for our County as a whole.
What is your vision for the community?
I have worked hard and will continue to work hard to make the County a place where young people want to move back to – whether on a farm or an acreage.
I see the priorities as:
– Roads: rehabilitating and making our roads stronger to handle today’s needs, in a fiscally responsible manner.
– Ambulance service: maintaining our excellent service for the safety of our region.
– Seniors housing: keeping our facilitates maintained to an excellent standard and making sure the care being provided is top notch.
Agriculture: I believe it’s important to keep going after invasive weeds including absinthe wormwood and club root, and the continuation of roadside vegetation spraying which keeps the snow off our roads in the winter and keeps our ditches clear of weeds which keeps them from spreading to private land.
Could you please tell me a bit about your professional/work experience?
If you are able to run a farm in these economic times, it lends itself to making a proper budget you can live within, which is a big part of what councillors do for the County. I am very proud that we have had a clean audit for the last 14 years.
What ‘fuels’ your inspiration to serve this community?
The service we give to our ratepayers is what sets us apart. We also stand out by working closely with our partners at the Town to provide many and diverse recreational opportunities – other rural communities envy this relationship we have worked hard to build. Our region has an incredible sense of community with many long-standing events bringing communities together in our rural settings, which we support and encourage.