Trustees of Clearview School Division board were sworn in for the new three-year term at its organizational meeting Oct. 22 at school division head office in Stettler.
Ken Checkel of Coronation was re-elected to chair the board for one year while Peter Simons of Stettler became the new vice-chair.
The board welcomed new trustee Rhonda Maginn who represents Botha, Gadsby, Byemoor and Halkirk west (ward 4) and succeeds John Schofer.
“Rhonda is looking forward to her work with our board of trustees as we continue to work with our school communities to offer excellent programs and opportunities for students across Clearview,” said Checkel.
“We very much appreciate the 12 years of service by former trustee John Schofer and we look forward to work with Rhonda as we go forward.”
Committees and representatives were restructured for the trustees which also include
Cheri Neitz of Erskine north and Donalda (ward 1), Yvette Cassidy for Big Valley and Erskine south Patty Dittrick and Peter Simons of Stettler (ward 3), Karen Holloway for Castor and Halkirk (ward 5) and Checkel for Coronation and Brownfield (ward 6).
• Alberta School Boards Association – Zone 4 – Neitz.
• Community advisory committee – Neitz.
• Grievance – Cassidy and Simons.
• Inter-Agency committees – Castor – Holloway and Coronation – Checkel.
• Employee negotiations – Cassidy, Holloway and Checkel.
• Professional development committee – Dittrick.
• Stettler Performing Arts Centre – Simons.
• Policy committee – Maginn, Neitz and Dittrick.
• Public School Boards Association of Alberta – Holloway and Neitz as alternate.
• Funding review committee – committee as a whole.
Trustees were also appointed as liaisons for schools
• Big Valley – Cassidy (alternate Maginn).
• Botha – Maginn (Neitz).
• Brownfield – Checkel (Holloway).
• Byemoor – Maginn (Cassidy).
• Coronation – Checkel (Holloway).
• Donalda – Neitz (Dittrick).
• Erskine – Neitz (Cassidy).
• Gus Wetter in Castor – Holloway (Checkel).
• Stettler Elementary School – Patty Dittrick and Peter Simons (Cassidy and Maginn).
• Stettler Middle School – Patty Dittrick and Peter Simons (Cassidy).
• William E. Hay Composite High School in Stettler – Patty Dittrick and Peter Simons (Neitz).
• Stettler Outreach – Patty Dittrick and Peter Simons (Cassidy).
Trustee honourariums were increased with $160 for a full day (over four hours and including travel time), $80 for a half day (under four hours including travel) and $200 per day for meetings that require overnight stay (includes daily meal allowance).
Each trustee receives a basic monthly allowance equal to one day’s per diem per month and that the board chair receives an additional one per diem per month.