Stettler Regional Fire Rescue was called out on July 8, at approximately 10:45 a.m., to a natural gas leak in the parking lot of the Stettler High school. Construction crews were working in the parking lot when an unknown abandoned underground natural gas line was struck by a backhoe. Nearby residences were not evacuated, however 50 Avenue and all other roads surrounding, and leading to the high school were closed for approximately two hours until the area was deemed safe by officials. There were no injuries reported.
On July 10, Stettler Regional Fire Rescue responded to an incident involving a vehicle versus pedestrian. Emergency responders were called to the area, near the intersection of Highway 12 and 67 Street around 1:10 p.m., where traffic was diverted for a short time while crews worked to clear the scene. While the investigation is ongoing, the names of those involved has not been released, and the extent of injuries is unknown at this time.