Are you ready to get festive?
From the moment the first pancakes hit the grill until the last Denim & Diamond revellers leave the dance floor, Stettler will be decked out in holiday spirit!
The 21st annual Stettler Festival of Lights offers five days of festive fun for the whole family, but more importantly, all proceeds go to the Stettler Health Care Centre. This year in particular, funds will support the hospital’s palliative care room.
“So many people say it’s the kick-off for the Christmas season,” says committee chairperson Amy Roberts, noting the committee works to create events that allow people to participate at all price levels.
Also a nurse, Roberts knows first-hand the importance the event has for the hospital and community.
Generous support in recent years has brought annual totals around $100,000, allowing for purchases ranging from instrument trays to maternity beds.
Last year, just in time for their 20th anniversary, the cumulative totals topped $1-million – funds that have enhanced the care patients can enjoy closer to home. “Over the last few years, people have been taking notice of the Stettler Hospital,” Roberts reflects.
“We have such an amazingly generous community – it’s just so special.”
So mark your calendars – there’s LOTS happening all week at the Stettler Community Hall!
Tuesday, Nov, 27
• ATCO Electric Pancake Breakfast, 7 to 9 a.m. at the Stettler Community Hall. Tickets $15/adults and $10/ages five to 10 (children four and younger free)
• Christmas Spirits Event – Enjoy seasonal refreshments and from music The Jazz Guys, from 7 to 9 p.m. Tickets are $35.
Wednesday, Nov. 28
• Seniors’ Tea – Stop by from 2 to 4 p.m., with admission $5 at the door.
• Art & Cheer – Relax with your friends, have a martini and create your own seasonal painting under the step-by-step direction of Stephanie LaRose Hadley from Remedy Art Studio, from 7 to 9 p.m. Tickets are $35.
Thursday, Nov. 29
• A&W Burgers & Beer Family Night – From 5 to 8 p.m., enjoy this family-friendly evening complete with root beer floats, cookie decorating, games and a raffle table. Tickets $15/adults and $10/ages five to 10 (children four and younger free).
Friday, Nov. 30
• Holly Jolly Lunch – Stop in for a quick lunch between 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. and check out those final bids on the silent auction. Don’t miss out!
• Children’s Wonderland – Head to the Agriplex for photos with Santa, cookies, face-painting and other fun from 1 to 5 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 1
• Denim & Diamonds Gala Night – With dinner, a DJ and dancing, live and silent auctions (including some all-new items different from the week-long auction!), raffle, bar and more, “I think it’s going to be a lot of fun,” Roberts says. Tickets are $65.
All Week Long
Get your tickets today!