Like it or not, winter is just around the corner. And if you want to keep the snow and chill outside while you enjoy cosy nights by the fire or cuddle under a blanket watching TV, now is the time to get your home ready. Start by switching your ceiling fan direction so warm air is pushed down into your home, and then check insulation and seal drafts to ensure your home is winter-ready.
Next, check your windows and exterior doors. If they are over 20 years old or are in bad condition, window and door replacement will dramatically improve your home’s comfort and energy efficiency.
7 advantages of replacement windows
If you’ve lived in your home for a while, you may not realise how much better your windows could be — and what impact that will have on your utility expenses and lifestyle at home. Local window installers Ecoline Windows have been helping homeowners for over 20 years, installing over 40,000 windows and doors, and that means they’ve witnessed the many advantages of replacement windows. Happy homeowners regularly write Ecoline Windows reviews, and love their new windows. Here are seven reasons why:
- Return on investment: New windows and doors can offer as much as 70 percent return on investment (ROI), so if you think you might sell your home in the next few years, replacing windows and doors is a great decision. You’ll improve the perceived value of your home, and improve that valuable ‘first impression’ from prospective buyers.
- Energy efficient: Completing upgrades to improve your home’s energy efficiency has many benefits — you may hope to reduce heating and cooling costs, or you may be motivated to be more environmentally friendly. Modern triple-pane windows with technologies such as low-e coatings and double glazing can dramatically improve your home’s energy efficiency, and properly-installed exterior doors will also offer benefits. Upgrading single pane windows to double or triple pane windows can reduce window-related heat loss by half!
- Reduce noise: If you live near a busy highway or just prefer a quieter indoor environment, modern windows and doors can help reduce the intrusion of outside noise. You might be amazed how much more peaceful your home feels!
- Security: Doors and windows are where your home is most vulnerable, but stronger frames and improved locking mechanisms can improve your home’s security. Enjoy added peace of mind.
- Extend the life of HVAC units: Replacing a furnace, boiler, air conditioner or heat pump is expensive, and emergency repairs can be inconvenient and unpleasant. Ease the burden on your HVAC unit by ensuring your windows and doors are doing their part. The less heat or cooling loss there is through your windows and doors, the less hard your furnace or air conditioner will have to work.
- Design upgrade: Is it time for a change? Replace that outdated entryway door with a modern front door that makes a statement! Swap worn-out and deteriorating windows with fresh, clean modern windows to give your home a face-lift. New windows are often easier to keep clean as well, adding to your home makeover.
- Improved ventilation and natural light: Choose a different window style, such as casement or awning windows, to let in more air and improve ventilation. You may also want to change your window size or style to increase the amount of natural light.
For some window companies, a ‘lifetime’ warranty only lasts for 15 years, and doesn’t cover installation and labour. Ecoline’s hassle-free warranty is 25 years for both parts and labour. You’ll be protected against things like vinyl frame discolouration, seal failure and condensation between panes of glass, and in the event of an issue, labour for the repair will be covered at no cost to you.
Ecoline Windows serves all of Central Alberta from their beautiful showroom and distribution centre in Calgary. Window replacement and new exterior doors are a breeze when quality products and expert staff are all under one roof.
For window and door replacement in Central Alberta communities including Stettler, Red Deer, Sylvan Lake and more, visit Ecoline’s showroom at 10905 48 St. SE, Unit 151, Calgary.
If you want to learn more about rebates, window options and find tips and tricks regarding your upcoming replacement project, visit ecolinewindows.ca.